Application deadline: Open
We are currently looking to hire a Product Development Specialist for our growing team in Waterloo, Ontario.
Reporting to the Director Global Business and Product Development – Accessories, the candidate will be responsible for specific duties within the product development team, including but not limited to the following.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in product management for defined product categories/lines throughout the product life cycle
- Analyze sales trends, inventory levels, and identify opportunities and threats
- Analyze and define product, price, placement, promotion opportunities
- Assist in grill and accessory product development through design review and testing product improvement, product testing,
- Assist in app development and testing requirements
- Oversight for finished goods pricelists and catalogs
- Including proofing, price checks, updates, dimensions, specs and alerting teams of changes, etc.
- Updating and distributing Opportunity Buy price lists and analyzing offers
- Requesting new certificates from vendors, filing current certificates, distributing certificates to appropriate groups.
- Gathering, reviewing, providing and maintaining set-up information for internal staff
- Work closely with graphics team to prioritize artwork, request changes as needed, proof new items
- Prepare competitive analysis of grill and accessory markets and communicate key findings
- Utilize existing templates to present findings
- Work with sales managers to gather required field info from reps
- Utilize websites to complete online components in
- Assist in preparation and delivery of presentation materials
- Assist in containerization and supply-chain tasks as needed for Direct Import customers
- Assist in sample request processing and coordination
Quality and Safety:
- Comply with Onward’s ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System
- Continually monitor and improve quality procedures following Lean Principles and 6S
- Understand and demonstrate the importance of maintaining and producing top quality products
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
- Goal oriented determination and ability to work in a variety of roles and responsibilities
- Good technical writing, documentation and record keeping skills with strong analytical skills
- Independent worker with ability to finish tasks accurately and professionally while meeting timelines
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Should you require accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.